|Like Us for Fan-Only Deals!|
Location Type: River
|1 Reviews||0 Positive||1 Negative|
2 out of 5
My wife and I stayed in the Honeymoon Cabin in early June 2009 as a part of a family reunion.
Pros: White River access for fishing, Very rural, Lots of fish & wildlife, Nice pool and firepit areas.
- Availability of the kayacks, pontoon boats, etc. -- while not well advertised and at an extra cost -- absolutely essential if you want to maximize your adventures here.
- Very little to do in the area (a bit remote for most day trips)… unless you love fishing or river activities.
- The farm next door was spreading manure during our stay -- forcing us inside from the stench for at least one day. The owner finally relented and gave us some concessions to offset the inconvenience.
- At least 30 minutes each way (unless you like driving 60+ mph on small, winding roads) to get to the closest grocery
- Overly "friendly" maintenance person -- made himself a little too available at times - could have done the pool checks early in the morning instead of waiting until all the women were in the pool.
- A little "down in the mouth" with numerous (but small) maintenance issues outstanding -- an exposed "hot-wire" near the patio was a shock hazard, non-functional lighting, holes in screens, etc.
Pros: Air Conditioned, Rustic feel, Well-equiped kitchen, Nice porch areas.
- Despite the loft and livingroom couches, really only comfortable for 2 adults plus some teens in the loft. Based on the advertising, we initially planned for 3 couples -- which forced us to replan upon check-in.
- Bath (& hot water) barely adequate for 2 adults
- Claw-foot tub is cute but totally impractical as a shower (curved bottom and lack of shelving) -- and minimal hot water means it is also impractical as an intimate bath
- Several outlets and lights appeared to be non-functional
- People sleeping in the loft should plan on exposing themselves to either the outdoors (huge window has no curtain) or to people in the living room. And the stairs to the loft makes it tricky for either the young or old.
Eric - чер 16, 2009